Big First Inning Lifts TinCaps to 8-4 WinApril 30, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Fort Wayne TinCaps
Fort Wayne (10-15)pelted Peoria starter Gerardo Concepcion (0-2), who worked just two thirds of an inning before departing. The TinCaps hit two doubles, two singles, and got a two-run home run from Austin Hedges in addition to a bases-clearing triple from Jace Peterson, scoring seven runs before the inning came to an end. The team sent eleven men to the plate in the first, hitting for the cycle as a team.
Hebner was chased from the game in the sixth after surrendering a double to Brad Zapenas, who made the score 7-1 in favor of Fort Wayne. The TinCaps responded with one run in the bottom of the sixth, to again extend the lead to seven, at 8-1. Peoria (10-15) plated one in the seventh against Fort Wayne reliever Luis De La Cruz, making it 8-2.
Robert Eisenbach worked the ninth for the TinCaps, surrendering two runs and setting the final tally at 8-4. Peterson led the way with three runs batted in, and both Hedges and Casey McElroy finished the afternoon with two RBI.
The TinCaps will enjoy an off day on Tuesday before opening a seven game road trip against the West Michigan Whitecaps. Lefty Frank Garces is the scheduled starter for Fort Wayne in Wednesday's 6:35 start against West Michigan's Wilsen Palacios.
Midwest League Stories from April 30, 2012
- Kernels split doubleheader with West Michigan - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bees and Captains Game Cancelled - Burlington Bees
- Bees and Captains Are Cancelled - Lake County Captains
- River Bandits Come out Swinging in Series-Opening Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dayton Dragons Homestand Preview - Dayton Dragons
- Big seventh gets Rattlers past Bowling Green - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Lugnuts/LumberKings Finale Canceled - Lansing Lugnuts
- Loons Swim to Win over Cougars - Great Lakes Loons
- Big First Inning Lifts TinCaps to 8-4 Win - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Gomez Strong But Hot Rods Fall in Series Finale - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Bandits Power Past Hawks for Series-Opening Win - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Loons Take Series from Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Lose in Beloit 7-0 - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Team up for "Home Run for Life" - Dayton Dragons
- Snappers Shutout the Dragons, 7-0 - Beloit Snappers
- Two Bees Players Win Top Performers of the Week - Burlington Bees
- Chiefs Fall 8-4 Monday - Peoria Chiefs
- Cam Bedrosian joins Kernels from Tempe; Jacob Negrete to Extended - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Loons, MBF Team up for Summer Baseball Camps - Great Lakes Loons
- TinCaps Announce Roster Moves - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.