TinCaps Announce Roster MovesApril 30, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Fort Wayne TinCaps
Outfielder Donavan Tate has been placed on the disabled list. In 22 games, Tate has hit .205 with no home runs and 10 runs batted in.
Outfielder Mike Gallic has been added to the Fort Wayne roster from extended spring training. Gallic, 23, played in 25 games with Fort Wayne in 2011, batting .304 with no home runs and six runs batted in. Gallic will wear # 27.
Additionally, infielder Zach Kometani has been transferred from Fort Wayne to extended spring training. Kometani hit .207 in 15 games, with one home run and nine runs batted in.
Infielder Clark Murphy has been added to the Fort Wayne roster from extended spring training. Murphy, 22, was a fifth round pick by the Texas Rangers in 2008. He was released by Texas this spring and subsequently signed as a minor league free agent by the San Diego Padres. Murphy hit .190 (12-63) in 19 games between the AZL Rangers and the Hickory Crawdads of the South Atlantic League in 2011. He will wear #7.
Midwest League Stories from April 30, 2012
- Kernels split doubleheader with West Michigan - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bees and Captains Game Cancelled - Burlington Bees
- Bees and Captains Are Cancelled - Lake County Captains
- River Bandits Come out Swinging in Series-Opening Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dayton Dragons Homestand Preview - Dayton Dragons
- Big seventh gets Rattlers past Bowling Green - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Lugnuts/LumberKings Finale Canceled - Lansing Lugnuts
- Loons Swim to Win over Cougars - Great Lakes Loons
- Big First Inning Lifts TinCaps to 8-4 Win - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Gomez Strong But Hot Rods Fall in Series Finale - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Bandits Power Past Hawks for Series-Opening Win - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Loons Take Series from Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Lose in Beloit 7-0 - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Team up for "Home Run for Life" - Dayton Dragons
- Snappers Shutout the Dragons, 7-0 - Beloit Snappers
- Two Bees Players Win Top Performers of the Week - Burlington Bees
- Chiefs Fall 8-4 Monday - Peoria Chiefs
- Cam Bedrosian joins Kernels from Tempe; Jacob Negrete to Extended - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Loons, MBF Team up for Summer Baseball Camps - Great Lakes Loons
- TinCaps Announce Roster Moves - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.