Bulls Set Two Attendance Records In Home FinaleSeptember 1, 2007 - International League (IL) Durham Bulls
LHP Andrew Sisco (3-6) held the Bulls hitless until the bottom of the sixth inning when Jason Pridie ended Sisco's bid for a no-hitter with a single to right field. Sisco had surrendered four walks prior to the hit, but was relieved after retiring Evan Longoria after throwing 99 pitches. Sisco also stuck out eight in the 5 1/3 innings he pitched.
Ernie Young hit an RBI-double in the third inning, Alex Sanchez hit an RBI-single in the fourth inning, and Thomas Collaro hit a solo home run over the Blue Monster for Charlotte's three runs. All of the runs came off RHP Jeff Niemann (12-6), who fell short in his bid to tie the Triple-A Bulls single-season wins record of 13, set by Dave Eiland in 1998. Niemann worked six innings, surrendering three runs on nine hits while striking out five.
RHP Jason Childers, RHP Vladimir Nunez, and RHP David Aardsma held the Bulls scoreless over the final 3 2/3 innings, with Aardsma tallying his 15th save of the season after retiring the side in the ninth inning. Sisco and Nunez received the opportunity to help themselves at-the plate after first baseman Casey Rogowski was ejected in the third inning for arguing a check-swing strikeout call, forcing the short-handed Knights to lose the designated hitter by moving Young into the field. However, they combined to go 0-for-3 with two strikeouts in the clean-up spot.
The Bulls and Knights will meet again on Sunday afternoon at 2 PM in Charlotte, with Neil Solondz calling the action 620 The Bull. The Bulls will return home to begin the Governors' Cup playoffs on Wednesday, September 5 at 7 PM. For tickets, go to www.durhambulls.com or call the box office at (919) 956-BULL.
International League Stories from September 1, 2007
- Tides fall to Braves - Norfolk Tides
- Bulls Set Two Attendance Records In Home Finale - Durham Bulls
- Tribe Drops 3-1 Decision To Bats In Home Finale - Indianapolis Indians
- Wings Lose in 10, Ending Wild Card Hopes - Rochester Red Wings
- Braves Dump Tides - Gwinnett Braves
- OF Nathan Panther Promoted to Bisons - Buffalo Bisons
- Buffalo at Rochester Preview - Buffalo Bisons
- Trent Durrington Activated off the Disabled List - Buffalo Bisons
- Chiefs Charge Past Lynx - Ottawa Lynx
- Pearce Named Tribe's August Player Of The Month - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.