Montgomery Biscuits Roster TransactionAugust 8, 2007 - Southern League (SL) Montgomery Biscuits
The 29-year-old Corcoran recently made seven Major League rehab appearances with the Biscuits, posting an 0-1 record with a 5.40 ERA in 14 1/3 innings. It was his second stint at Riverwalk Stadium following a six-appearance stay in 2004. The Louisiana native has spent parts of the 2005, 2006 and 2007 seasons in the Major Leagues, compiling a 6.75 ERA in nine relief outings for Tampa Bay this season before being placed on the disabled list June 8.
Originally a non-drafted free agent of the Padres in 2002, the 26-year-old Thayer has posted a Southern League-leading 21 saves this season for Montgomery, breaking the Biscuits' team record for most saves in one season. He was named to the mid-season Southern League All-Star team in July, pitching the ninth inning and allowing three unearned runs on four hits.
Thayer previously led the Southern League in saves in both 2005 and 2006 while pitching for Mobile. He was acquired by the Rays from San Diego along with righthander Evan Meek in exchange for third baseman Russell Branyan late in the 2006 season.
This will be Thayer's second appearance at the Triple-A level; he made two appearances for Portland last season, allowing one run in three innings.
Montgomery presently has 24 players on its active roster and one player on the disabled list.
Southern League Stories from August 8, 2007
- Dorn's Dinger Dooms Biscuits - Montgomery Biscuits
- Jaxx Score Five Straight But it Was One Short - Jackson Generals
- Crew Comes Through in Stars' Comeback Win - Huntsville Stars
- M-Braves End Slide with 3-2 Win - Mississippi Braves
- Bears Continue Their Struggle - Mobile BayBears
- Reynolds' 3-Run HR Propels Smokies to 2nd Straight Win - Tennessee Smokies
- Jacksonville Wins a Close One 3-2 - Jacksonville Suns
- Montgomery Biscuits Roster Transaction - Montgomery Biscuits
- Suns to Honor 1976 Jacksonville University Baseball Team - Jacksonville Suns
- Stadium Replica Giveaway and Myron Noodleman Highlight Homestand - Tennessee Smokies
- Rehabs end, Mudcats see roster shuffle - Carolina Mudcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.