Fayetteville acquires Lyde, Waives RichardsonFebruary 7, 2006 - NBA Development League (D-League) Fayetteville Patriots
GREENVILLE, S.C., February 7 - The Fayetteville Patriots have acquired forward Kevin Lyde from the NBA Development League available player pool and waived guard Norm Richardson. Guard Melvin Sanders has also returned to the Patriots after completing a 10-day contract with the San Antonio Spurs.
Lyde, 6-10, 250, played professionally in Italy for Cimberio Aironi Novara during the 2004-05 season and this season in Argentina for River Plate Buenos Aires, where he played in 25 games and averaged 24.9 minutes, 11.8 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.4 blocked shots.
After playing collegiately at Temple, Lyde was the eighth overall selection in the 2001 D-League Draft by the Greenville Groove. He played for the Columbus Riverdragons in 2002-03. In all, Lyde has played in 93 D-League games, averaging 26.1 minutes, 9.9 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.4 blocked shots.
Sanders returns to the Patriots where in five games before earning his GATORADE Call-Up he averaged 28.2 minutes, 20.6 points, 5.0 rebounds and 2.6 assists. In three games with the Spurs he averaged 4.0 minutes and 2.4 points.
Richardson played in 22 games (five starts) for the Patriots, averaging 23.5 minutes, 11.5 points and 3.1 rebounds.
NBA Development League Stories from February 7, 2006
- Thunderbirds fall to Toros - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Barrett leads Flame to comeback win over RimRockers - Florida Flame
- Real-Life Glory Road Star Comes to Expo Square Pavilion - Tulsa 66ers
- Nuggets Assign Hodge to Austin Toros of D-League - Austin Toros
- Fayetteville acquires Lyde, Waives Richardson - Fayetteville Patriots
- Toros Welcome "Glory Road" Star - Austin Toros
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - D-League
- 66ers Reacquire Lucas, Pick Up Greer - Tulsa 66ers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.